A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Open for Business
Yesterday marked the beginning of two weeks of tennis play at the U.S. Open. I don't play tennis, I secretely wish that I did, but despite my inability I love to watch. And not only because I get to look at James Blake getting all sweaty, but because tennis players are some serious athletes. Tennis is a solo sport where everything depends on you and how well you have prepared and trained up until that point. There are no substitutions if you get a run of bad luck or tire out. I watched a match today where two eighteen year olds faced off in the first round and played a match that lasted four hours. FOUR HOURS! In the August heat in Queens, New York these boys put ice packs on their necks and fought off cramps and total exhaustion--and that was only the first match of the whole tournament!

I think I need to add tennis to my list of things that I want to learn how to do in my lifetime. The list is already long but this will be a pretty fun addition.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Some day we should totally play. Since I used to play, and you're about a million times more athletic than I am, it should be a pretty even match!

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Anonymous FDC Movies said…

    this is very good and informative site i love your all content and had great time to visit your site .
    .thanks for this great information and keep posting good and informative content good luck

     

Post a Comment

<< Home