A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Rollin' On A River
I spent Saturday floating down the Guadalupe river in an inner tube. No really, I did. The girl who only goes camping if it involves a Holiday Inn and who prefers chlorinated water to just about any other type on earth spent over four hours floating down a river in the middle of central Texas. Rest assured, there was alcohol, and lots of it. My flask of rum was never so much appreciated as it was on Saturday (even more so than the time I stuffed it in my evening bag at my college sorority formal!) And there were friends, a whole three cars full. We chatted and ate cheese cubes and made fun of the other tubers. I bought a disposable camera to document the event, but really, after a few shots you realize that all of the pictures look exactly the same. So if I ever finish the role, maybe I'll let you see.

As Ginger mentioned, it was a definite gauge of my boredom barometer. And I'll even admit it right here on this blog of mine, I think I'd do it again.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow - I'm thoroughly impressed! You should try the river in Wimberley - it's even better!

    ~Lindsey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home