A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Don't Rain on My Parade
Mother nature has a lot of explaining to do. This weekend was set to be a major birthday party extravaganza which has been in the planning for months. I'm talking two concerts, some honky tonkin', airpline rides to get here and hundreds of car miles logged by the seven participants. But now, hurricane Rita has decided to take Texas hostage leaving us with Y2K-like water purchasing and free sandbag delivery to all those in the area who request it.

As of today, the official start to the party weekend, one friend has gone in to panic mode and refuses to leave her "husband" and her dogs, one has left her home in Houston to drive north to Dallas (not only a designated evacuation area but also home of the party weekend)only to be met with the possiblity of a three hour trip transformed into a twenty hour highway gridlock situation. She's shacking up with her boyfriend in his 4th story apartment instead. The rest of us are basically on hold until we can figure out how bad it's going to get. And I am left with the decision to hold on to the hotel room just in case, or go ahead and give it up to some poor Rita evacuee--I know what the answer shoule be but, but....

This weekend will be nothing if not interesting.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now, I wouldn't call myself in panic mode!!! I just didn't want to be stuck in hours and hours of traffic!! I don't know how the traffic was, but it sure as hell didn't rain here. Damn you Hurricane Rita ruining our b-day plans!!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Barbara said…

    Uhh, Sarah, I call bullshit on you because you told Steph and I that you were going to get cash "just in case" after happy hour on Thursday. You WERE in panic mode.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home