A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I'm thinkin' that it might be love...

I almost feel like it's too early for a confession, I don't want to jinx anything, but it just feels right.

I love my new job.

Okay, I said it, it's out there in all of its schmaltzy glory.

You see, I originally left corporate america all those years ago because I felt like I wasn't doing anything. Like at the end of the day, I hadn't accomplished anything other than selling more product and making the machine bigger and richer. It was easy to let go knowing that someday I would be able to help someone--or so I hoped. Each morning, when I walk into my office at the new job I can't wait to see who I get to help that day. And when I leave, it's with a smile on my face unlike any I've ever had after completing a job. The people in my office make me laugh until my sides hurt and the students remind me how much fun it is to be young. I'm still shuffling through the learning curve and soem days are more stressful than others, but it's good stress, if that is even possible.

Like I said, I know it's early, but I think I'm going to like it here.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger danielle said…

    good for you! i was just discussing the loving your job thing (via another blog) recently. it's true, it's tough to find something you enjoy doing that you get paid for...today's world doesn't really create many places like that. so, props to you for being in love with your job. join the club i've been in for 3 months and maybe we can spread the word to the poor peeps stuck in cubicals they hate.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Stereoette said…

    guys! guys! i love mine too! our club needs a secret handshake and password!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home