A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Monday, November 28, 2005

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
I'm just not in the holiday spirit. I'm trying, really I am, but lately I feel more like Ebenezer Scrooge than my actual monicer. It is so unlike me, to be anything other than thrilled with the idea of holiday music playing twenty-four hours a day on the radio and lights hanging from trees and eggnog, blessed eggnog. Thanksgiving seemed to zoom in way too quickly. I only mustered the energy to make two pies, way below my typical holiday limit. I bought holiday cards to send out but can harldy be bothered to sit and write out the well wishes to those I care about. I'm making a lot of progress in my life, good adult-type progress. But then, like a snowball to the face, I keep seeming to fall back down and right into a pile of self-pity and stress induced crying spells. I don't know what it is, actually I know exactly what it is, and I am determined to snap out of it. It will just take some time, but that is exactly what I don't have.

At least now I can drive myself to the looney bin if the holidays take their toll because the new car I just bought myself is one hell of a Christmas present.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I think I know exactly how you feel. I had a crying spell the other day. I didn't think anyone else did that :o) Are you having "Ebony's Christmas Party" this year? You could use one of our places - maybe party planning will get you in the spirit.

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger danielle said…

    i know what you mean to. i had a fe wcrying spells over turkey day as well. maybe it's a trend. but yah, sometimes it's hard to get in the groove of the holiday season. it can be stressful and overwhemling. i tend to go through a phase like that every year, but somehow the spirit of chris kringle gets to me before christmas day. i'll send some good cheery vibes your way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home