A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Corrie and I met in Mrs. Adkins first grade class. She had just moved here and I was the first friend that she made in town. We are still friends to this day, nearly twenty years later. Mrs. Adkins and I have always stayed in touch and Corrie's family, since her mom was a teacher too, became close family friends over th years of the first grade teacher responsible for our meeting. We didn't see eachother much, Mrs. Adkins and I, over the last few years but whenever we did she was always so kind and so proud of the woman I had become. She became a lifelong teacher and friend.

Mrs. Adkins died earlier this week. The funeral is tomorrow. The sadness is something that carries with it twenty years of friendship and relationships that will last the rest of my life.

I can't remember a holiday season that has been as trying as this one.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you, friend. I'm so thankful that we met in Mrs. Adkins class back in first grade. I know it brought her joy to know how close we've stayed over the years. Look for me tomorrow at the funeral so we can sit together.

     
  • At 1:14 AM, Blogger Stereoette said…

    oh *hug* dear. I know about loss during the holidays. Cant wait for birthday party so I can give you a hug in person!

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Apparently yesterday I was on the wrong blog in my head - I meant...I'm so sorry Ebony. Many hugs for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home