A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Ice, Ice Baby
I had forgotten that when winter weather hits in the south it comes not in the form of swirling snow flurries but in pelting balls of ice. Everything is covered today in a thick layer of ice that has yet to melt. My boss called this morning and gave me an official winter weather day. As such, I am still in my pajamas about to write out some holiday cards and watch a couple of holiday movies. I may even make a cup of hot cocoa...with marshmallows.

Tomorrow, when the ice melts, all will be back to normal. But today, today is for relaxation and the welcome calm a few icicles brings.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger timothy said…

    I will miss the random Texas Ice Holidays!

    The closest we get out here is the California Thunder Freak Out!

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Stereoette said…

    argh, at least its not like 15 degrees when you walk to work in the morning!!!!

    j

     

Post a Comment

<< Home