A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Resolved: There will be no resolutions*
Someone asked me today what kind of New Year's resolutions I had made.

I replied, none.

Resolutions just seem so...unnecessary. I am the type of person who is always working on something, always trying to make improvements and adjustments in my life in an attempt to become my true self. I have goals, lots of goals. I write them down-in list form-and mark them off when I have accomplished them. And I usually buy myself something special when they have been met.

At this moment in my life I am working on completing my ever-elusive thesis (May 2006, seriously!), working hard at the new job trying to complete all of the tasks that are ahead this semester, I'm trying to be better about calling/e-mailing long-distance friends, attempting to excercise regularly instead of sporadically and working on not taking my family for granted. All of these things are not resolutions, they are simply a few new additions to the "life goals" section of one of my many word documents. The list is on-going and grows and shrinks as I go about the daily task of living.

So what I guess I am saying is who needs New Year's resolutions when just living life gives you plenty of opportunities to work on getting it done right.

*Except for the resolution to take myself to Disney World...I resolve to do that every year and I'm still working on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home