A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Music to my ears
I'm tired of my old cell phone ring. Well, not tired. You can't really get tired of Idina reminding you to Defy Gravity. But ready to move on, yeah, that's it. The problem is, I don't know where to start. There are way too many choices. And I don't want to sound like a teenie-bopper. I mean, I'm tempted to put some Grillz on the ringer but I'm not crazy. And although Gold Digger would be fun, highly inappropriate statement to make in the grocery store check-out line. The Cingular site has tons of options, too many in fact, that's what is making it tough. I mean, the fact that they offer beatbox ringtones and a section for old school hip hop speaks volumes about what's out there. I just don't want to spend $2.49 on a new ringtone and then be annoyed with myself in a week. So I'm taking suggestions. Any good ideas?

5 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Corrie said…

    OK maybe this is beyond obvious to everyone else, but why not try some Streisand? "The Way We Were" or "Don't Rain on My Parade."

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I always find that I feel less dumb about older songs ringing in public. Or like some classical music. But that's me. I just don't want something like Laffy Taffy busting out in the Hallmark store or something.

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Ebony said…

    Well the Streisand thing has already been attempted. And despite her mass popularity, there aren't many options of hers out there in "real ring" tone and I refuse to get the polyphonic, sounds like a broken harmonica, ringtones.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As an avowed hater of all things ringtone, I say go with the tried and true "ring" that was intended by God :)
    ~Lindsey

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger danielle said…

    even though i have several ringtones on my phone (different groups, different tones), i agree with lindsey. it always takes people by surprise when your cell phone sounds like one of the "old fashioned" phones.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home