A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Is it really already Friday? And St. Patrick's Day? And cloudy with a big chance of rain?

I feel like I have compleletly zombie-walked through the last 72 hours. I do know that I roller skated through some of those hours but mostly I think I just glided. Elly's trip was so much more than I could ever put into a blog post. She left on Monday and I have thought about trying to write all week and then realized it would be so much less exciting in print than it was in real life. Suffice it to say, I stayed up way too late every night and my twenty-five year old body is absolutely pissed about it. But my spirit, she is more alive than she has been a very long time. Droopy eyes and cravings for vegetables and water are a small price to pay for dancing the Cotton Eyed Joe, sipping way-too potent sangria, and laughing until I cried. And crying until I remembered something that made me laugh. Plus, Elly got to be here for the greatest surprise that I have ever been a part of! (Congratulations you two!)

For someone who didn't get a "spring break" I sure did manage to squeeze a lot into my work week. I plan to spend the weekend recovering before the students get back on campus next week. Well, except for the St. Patty's festivities tonight and the bbq and beer festivities of tomorrow. So, Sunday, I'll recover on Sunday. I bet that will be some really good sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home