A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Over too soon
Yesterday evening's laundry fest required that I shake all that was left from my beach vacation into the backyard. Saying goodbye to the sand that had made it's way home from the beach with me tucked in the folds of my towel and stuck to the bottom of my flip-flops made it abruptly clear--Vacation Over! I almost wish that I could take the relaxation that the weekend brought, bottle it up like my SPF 30 sunscreen and keep it in a cool, dry place until I needed it to be lathered over my body for protection. Protection from work and family and life. I slept like a baby Sunday night but already the knots in my shoulders and the tension in my jaw remind me that being back in the real world is not as fun and interesting as those seven strangers in the same house on TV make it look.

Despite all of that, all of the drama of life, I do live for the moments when all of it feels like maybe the tough stuff is really worth it if what you get in return are moments of joy with good friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home