A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The rest is still unwritten
I was reading another blog a few days ago and the writer said something that really resonated with me. As you can probably tell, I've been a little unmotivated over the past few months and have found it difficult to put pen to paper (fingers to keys?) when it comes to writing down anything of substance on the blog. For a while I blamed it on work. And while that blame does hold true (the exhaustion was real people) it is by no means the only reason. Truth be told...I got nothing. Things don't seem blog worthy these days. Everything is just...normal. Which, as I have mentioned before, is good in a very general sense but not so good when we all know that good blogging thrives on motivation.

But that's where the good advice kicks in.

When I moved back to Texas and away from the glitz and glammer of my big city life (ha!), where each day really was an adventure, I mean nothing beats catching a train right as you walk onto the platform, I just lost a little of the spark when it came to journaling my life. I know that the pressure is self-inflicted but that's what I've got. And it's exhausting, always worrying about what to write and then stressing because nothing actually got written. But The Fish spoke the words of wisdom and motivation I think I needed to hear, she basically said that sometimes she writes as if she is just telling a story to a good girlfriend and usually it all comes out ok. Now that, the storytelling-letting it all hang out-makes me laugh until me sides hurt-or cry until they hurt for different reasons kind of writing, that I can do. And I think I will. At least I'm gonna give it a try.

So let's see how that works, shall we?

1 Comments:

  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger danielle said…

    i often feel the same way - that my posts have become very "every day." but i remind myself that my "every day" is not like everybody else's, so it's bound to be interesting to somebody out there. and if i get really desperate and feel the need to post, i link to other people who had a few more creative juices flowing that day...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home