A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Friday, June 16, 2006

That's the thing about laughter....
It all seems so much easier to handle when you can laugh through most of it. My mom once told me that being able to laugh at yourself is one of the greatest traits anyone can have. I agree, whole-heartedly. Only topped by being able to laugh at yourself (and eachother) with your friends. A friend who I don't get to see often was in town last weekend and we hung out each night. And she makes me laugh out loud. All of the time. It's the greatest medicine.

Actually, I have laughed all week. The company I'm keeping these days makes that a given. I've laughed the out loud, bent over, slapping my thigh, mascara in my eye kind of laughter that makes my cheeks hurt and my sides ache and the calories in the chocolate cupcakes seem nonexistent. I've laughed over nothing and everything and a million other tidbits that, if the truth be told, wouldn't even be funny the second time around. But in those minutes, in the company of good people, it doesn't get any better than the laughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home