A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Monday, June 05, 2006

What a difference a year makes
June 1st marked one year since I left New York. It feels like it was a lifetime ago and, in many ways, it was in fact another life. I do miss it, some days more than others. I miss the things I did, I miss my friends, I miss the person I grew to be there, I miss the pizza. But life back in Texas is good, it feels good, for now. I still have no clue where I am "meant to be" in the grand scheme of things. The pace of life in the two cities I love couldn't be more different. It's like comparing a yacht and a sailboat (although I have no idea which is which in that statement) but they feel different in so many ways, it would be impossible to really put it in words. I will easily admit that I am feeling a lot more content in my life here now than I was just a few months ago. It's nice. I'm looking foward to the what-comes-next part of life but it's nice to be comfortable in the place you are in.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home