A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"Somedays you gotta get away, take a holiday from the neighborhood"
I spent part of my fall break here, in a cozy room, enjoying the calm. It rained and I napped. I read and I wrote. I sat out in the back yard, full of lush green trees and a romanesque fountain enjoying a glass of the cabernet I had stowed away in my bag. I enjoyed a breakfast of perfectly fluffy french toast covered in fresh fruit and warm syrup with hot tea and a freshly squeezed glass of orange juice.

Since I returned home I have slept through the night and even managed to awake from that sleep with a dream still playing in my head. In the beginning, when I was deciding if I should/could take myself away for a little mini-break that was all about me, sellfish in the best sense of the word, I thought that maybe it wasn't a good idea for a couple of reasons. Mostly I thought I couldn't afford it, financially speaking. But then I realized, emotionally, I couldn't have afforded not to. And sometimes, the well being of my soul is much more important than the well being of my wallet.

How I am enjoying the onset of fall.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Corrie said…

    How LOVELY! Which room did you stay in?

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Ebony said…

    I stayed in the Luxemborg room, perfectly situated for one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home