A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Holiday Shakedown
It all seemed to go by so fast, the Christmas part of the holiday did at least. And I am almost certain that the New Year part will be just as speedy with its attack. I've been enjoying my time away from work with lots of family time, lots of movies, lots of shopping and lots of eating. All things that make for a great holiday.

I started the holiday season with the gift of giving, and not just in the form of presents but in the form of a party.
My annual holiday party was a great excuse to put on a fancy dress and entertain. I made lots of yummy food and brought in plenty of booze for about twenty people of whom I have the great honor of calling my friends. Everyone looked amazing and it was such a fun way to really jumpstart the holiday season.




This holiday season also marked a first for me. The first time I have ever made one of these:

My boss and I figured it would be a great way to celebrate our last day of work. We sculpted it with yummy icing, candy dots and sprinkles. Our hands were sticky and I think we giggled through the whole thing. When we were done we showed everyone at the office what we had made, just as proud as we could be! My family thought it was pretty cute and it proved to be the perfect centerpiece for my family's holiday table. I'm telling you, making this gingerbread house was the funnest crafty thing I have done in a very long time. I can't believe I went all of these years without making one but I definitely think it will become part of my holiday tradition.

I hope your holiday season has been just as great!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Corrie said…

    Once upon a time, we made gingerbread houses at one of my birthday parties. I'm certain you were there! I'm also certain ours didn't look NEAR as cool as the one you made recently! Way to go!

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I just saw a gingerbread house by my dumpster today (someone elected to set it outside the dumpster for the wild animals instead of putting it IN the dumpster I guess) and it made me wonder if you still had yours :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home