A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

To-Do/To-Done
I'm booked. Solid. Except for that one weekend at the very end of April during which I plan to sleep.

My planner these days reads more like a to-do list than an outline of places I get to be or things I get to do. If I'm not working all week and on the weekend I'm attending some function, usually a function I am organizing or in some way play a pretty major role.

We are down one person at work indefinitely. There are birthday celebrations and bon voyages to attend. There are also planning meetings and brainstorming sessions. I finally made time to go to the grocery store but only purchased things that could be eaten straight out of the package or microwaved to piping hot in less than three and a half minutes. I finally got my way-past-due hairs cut on Friday night in the one hour I had between daytime work and returning for a night time shift. I am flexing my multitasking muscle...talking to a friend on the cell phone while getting my car washed, writing notes for one meeting while IMing about another, contemplating party ideas while blowdrying my hair.

I imagine this must be what Barbara Walters feels like with all of her juggling of Oscar specials and that wacky Rosie on The View and the Primetime Live specials and the charity galas and the making out with Bill Getty and the telling of ABC and Disney where to shove their small world after all sunshine.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger danielle said…

    i'm pretty sure you and i are operating on the same wavelength. we should throw a party at the end of may, when my calendar seems to free up...at least at the moment.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    whew - i know how you feel. If you need me to do something let me know.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    And while you got your car washed I did my hair and makeup for going out that night. When did I get so busy too? It seemed to come out of nowhere. Now, despite how much fun I'm having, I'm really looking forward to a Friday night with no plans but laying on my couch and watching a movie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home