A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Springing Into Summer
When I pulled in to my driveway last night, after a whirlwind weekend of long chats and red wine, late nights and laughter, as Nora Jones serenaded me on my CD player, there were dozens of little fireflies putting on a show all over my front yard. A show I am certain was just for me because those little creatures were flashing their disco ball hineys in perfect unison with the beat of my heart. Thump-thump, flash-flash, thump-thump.

I have finally switched my gear into cruise control. The big events are over, the school year is winding down, and the rainy Texas spring is slowly melting into the balmy Texas summer. And my soul, well she is happy and excited to welcome it in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home