A Rose In Bloom

Better than I could be. Not as good as I’d planned.

Monday, July 07, 2008

A Summer Necessity?
Like most women I know, I am on what seems like a never-ending search for a swimsuit. There are just so many factors that go into the proper fit of one of those things and yet they are never quite right. Utilizing some online resource advice from Rachel I was able to find one that I think is going to work for a while which is nice.

But that is not the point of this post.

I ordered the suit from an online/catalog store that specializes in women's fashions. It is, what I suppose one would call, a niche retailer in that they know exactly who their audience is. Even if a guy is shopping on this site it is almost a guarantee that at some point the purchase will end up in the hands of a woman. And I guess it is with that in mind that this retailer has attached itself to another niche supplier and, along with your purchase, includes a little something extra for the ladies.
This is a small booklet composed of excerpts, well, teasers to some I suppose, of the newest summer reads from the Harlequin novels people. Seriously? Romance novels shipped with my swim wear? What? The book has four or five stories and is about 100 pages. The stories have titles like The Sheriff's Secretary and there are images of the book covers: shirtless men with rippling muscles protecting curly-haired women with various breast sizes. There are also order forms in case you can't sleep until you know how much love they make while by candle light in a secluded cabin.

I wonder if men get copies of Playboy when they order boxers.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    They sent that in mine too! I threw it in the recycle bin.

    How's the suit?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home