Tuesday, November 30, 2004
Monday, November 29, 2004
- The roomie's parents and my mom hit it off like the cool kids on the first day of school (and our outdoor ashtray has the reminents to prove it!)
- My first solo Thanksgiving meal was a total success and the Orange Glazed Turkey was the star of the show
- If you were questioning their staying power, rest assured that the Rockettes are still the coolest high kickers around, and as I have always suspected, Mrs. Claus is a pretty saucy broad
- Brooke Shields is officially the tallest woman on Broadway (so much so that her lover boy dips her on stage to kiss her, not because of overwhelming passion, but because of necessity)
- Sharing cocktails with your best friend is still the best thing going
- If I ever learn to play Spades decently, I would have tournaments all of the time
- Assembly line mojito making produces a lovely cocktail
- You can meet some pretty interesting people standing inside of the green box waiting for Wicked tickets
- Watching your mom pull away in a cab at four in the morning is only made easier by knowing that in three short weeks you'll be seeing her driving towards you for more holiday fun
Wednesday, November 24, 2004
- Now is your chance to own a stapler signed by the stars...I've got dibs on the stapler signed by Christine Lahti because even though no one else watches Jack & Bobby, she had me at Chicago Hope, oh, and that time that she was in the bathroom when she won a Golden Globe...classic!
- In case you never noticed, Kaballah spelled backwards is "Hallabak." Now I get why celebs are all about studying it, it has nothing to do with spiritual beliefs, they're all just a little ghetto. Word!
Tuesday, November 23, 2004
Anyhow, the week ahead is certain to be a great one. Having my mom in town makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. We have big plans to see the Rockettes this afternoon at Radio City and, if the weather cooperates, we'll be watching big floats at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade before stuffing ourselves with our own holiday feast. My best gal pal Rachel gets in tonight for the holiday and my roommates parents are already here too. We officially have a full house (and a fixed toilet, thank goodness!) for the week ahead. My holiday heart is full.
Thursday, November 18, 2004
Any of you who know me know that I am a planner by nature. The annoying list making-fact checking-reservation setting-not leaving anything to chance kind of planner. Which means, with the holidays in full swing, my favorite time of year is here! At last count, I have no less than half a dozen running lists in my prescence at this very moment. In no particular order, some of the lists include:
- Thanksgiving meal grocery shopping list
- "Things to Do" list for my mom's visit
- Holiday Gift shopping list
- Holiday Card mailing list
- Library book list
- "People to visit when I am home" list
Some of you may think it's nuts, but for those of you who get it, I'll gladly add you to my "people I would hang out with even if they had a major deformity list"...oh yeah, there's one of those too!
(Write in blog--check!)
Monday, November 15, 2004
On Friday I get an out-of-the-blue raise at work! Yay for me...and I floated on a very high cloud all weekend thinking I could do no wrong at the office.
Today, after looking for a picture of Catherine Zeta-Jones on the internet to see if she really has "sausage fingers" like a friend said, my computer was contaminated with some mad-crazy virus and had to be sent away to the computer hospital.
I get it universe, lesson learned!
Friday, November 12, 2004
Hi of 44*, but technicaly hasn't gotten above 39*. Heavy rain turning into possible freezing rain or snow overnight. Lows in the low 30s. Tomorrow, more of the same.
Hello winter, My name is saddened!
Now is the time when I will gladly start accepting warm well-wishes or recipes for cold weather foods, i.e. your mom's hot chocolate, hearty soups/stews, and any and all "hot totty" recipes.
Thank you kindly...
Wednesday, November 10, 2004
Tuesday, November 09, 2004
P.S. I'm thinking or revamping the site to make it a little more, well, me. So, if you come back in the next few days and things look a little different, don't worry, I'm still here...
Monday, November 08, 2004
Hey you...you busy?...Well, it's been one of those days...yeah, we should take a trip...will you fly on the same plane with me?...we don't have to sit next to each other (interjecting a WTF?!)...we should go to Disney World, or Disney Land, they're both pretty far...we could neck on the rides like teenagers...I know, I know...we'll figure something out...okay, okay, get back to work...
People, I think things just got interesting!
Wednesday, November 03, 2004
Seriously, that would be really cool...
Tuesday, November 02, 2004
If not for you then do it for:
Your sisters and wives, so that they can have control over their own bodies
Your children and grandchildren, so that they can get the funding they need for a better education
Your parents and grandparents, so that they can afford necessary medical care
For anyone that you know in the military, so that they don't have to continue fighting in wars about greed and money
For your country...cause your vote and mine need to be counted!